Rotofast Anchor – Strength Testing
- Rotofast Panel Anchors have been load tested on representative samples of the major fiberglass board manufacturers: CertainTeed, Johns Manville, Knauf and Owens Corning.
- Fiberglass board from these manufacturers is typically 6-7lb/ft3 and is used in most fabric covered acoustical panels.
- Density and quality of the acoustical panel core will directly affect pull out strength.
- Pull out target strength of 45 lbs achieved in 6-7 lb/ft3 board insulation.
- Failure type: tearing and delamination of fiberglass material.
*All steps were taken to ensure random sampling of panel board, but on-site conditions and fiberglass density must always be taken into consideration and verified when panels are installed.
EZ anchors or hollow wall anchors are typically used to install Rotofast Snap-On Anchors. Load bearing for hollow wall anchors is dependent on manufacturer’s specifications and substrate conditions.